From April to December this year the City of Calgary and the Calgary Public Library are installing a new roof at Fish Creek. This gives us a once in a lifetime chance to for all Calgarians to make a great and iconic Library even better. Check out these great projects:
Early Learning Centre $250,000 - Help us build an incredible learning space for children in Calgary. At more than 4,000 sqft, this Centre will focus on early literacy opportunities for children under 5, one of the Library's core areas.
Outdoor Patio & Garden $125,000 - Seating for Library members outside to enjoy the outdoors while reading and studying. The space will also have movable furniture, provide additional program space and add to the unique experience that Fish Creek provides.
Sorting Machine $500,000 - Already in place at several Calgary Public Library branches, automated materials handling enables faster and more efficient processing of the more than 17,000,000 books that move throughout the system annually.
Mobile Computing Lab $25,000 - This set of laptops and support equipment will enable Library staff to run programs and workshops in any branch or offsite location. This kind of flexibility is crucial and the Lab will be based out of Fish Creek.
Other Key Projects:
- New and Enhanced Display Shelving $250,000 - Fish Creek is due for an update and this includes the way the material is displayed and shared. At this level of support we will be able to replace nearly all the shelving in the Library.
- Community Living Room with Fireplace $200,000 - This community gathering place at the branch will be the perfect place to settle in with a good book or hold a lively discussion on the issue of the day. The cozy environment, complete with fireplace will be one of the hot spots at the Library.
- Technology Fund $60,000 - By supporting this fund you will enable the Library to add projection equipment, green screen technology, recording equipment and video conferencing. Help bring your Library to the future.
- Breakout Study Rooms (4) - $25,000 each - These new breakout rooms will perfect for quick and quiet study spaces. Located on the first floor the rooms with be in the southeast corner, you can have these named after you with a $25,000 pledge.
- Mobile Electronic Signage $25,000 - This trial project will look at unique ways to display collections including e-books and e-resources in branch. We need your help to make all the Library's collections accessible
- Public Address System $25,000 - Even with more than 45,000 sqft Fish Creek does not have a PA system to talk to all the customers for special announcements and emergencies. Help us make this a reality; in-kind support would also be welcome.
- Art Display System $10,000 - The Library would like to display more art in its branches and this will be the perfect project to make it happen at Fish Creek.
- Piano $10,000 - Let's donate to help Fish Creek have a permanent piano for programs and even regular use for all Library members.
- Name-A-Shelf $10,000 - For a gift of $10,000, with funds supporting the top projects at Fish Creek you can have a shelf named in your honour.
- Really Big Chess Set $2,000 - By supporting this, you will let us buy a new Really Big Chess Set which will include Black and White carpet tile to build the chess board in the floor. Help us replace the well used portable version currently in the Library.
Help support these and other exciting opportuntites by making a gift. Naming opportunties start at $10,000.