The Art Circuit program is a tour of the Civic Art collection displayed around the Municipal Building and on the plus-15 system. This tour is guided by experienced volunteer(s) who have an interest in art. It will begin and end at the Central Library giving main floor staff an opportunity to promote Library material.
Calgary Public Library uses a team approach for enhancing our services, bringing together dynamic groups of volunteers and staff. Each volunteer team is guided by a designated Resource Person who ensures that each volunteer experience is challenging and rewarding.
Art Circuit is designed:
- To provide individuals with knowledge about the Civic Art collections
- To provide information about the artists
- To provide easy access to Civic Art collection
- To increase awareness and use of library resources, services and programs
Length of the program
- Once a month as needed
- 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- Be familiar with the information related to the art pieces and the artists on the tour
- Commit to participate in the program for a minimum of one year
- Contact library staff if you are unable to attend a scheduled session
- Respect confidentiality
- One hour training session covering program materials, as well as roles and responsibilities of being a Calgary Public Library Volunteer
- Introduce yourself to new people and opportunities
- Have fun and contribute to your community
- Civic engagement
- Develop new skills: facilitation, inter-personal skills, leadership, problem solving, comunication
Art Circuit Contact:
Kattie-Lynn McNulty - Volunteer Resources Coordinator
Phone: 403-260-2648 or Email: Kattie-Lynn.McNulty@calgarypubliclibrary.com
If you are interested in volunteering for the Art Circuit program, please apply here.