During our Central Library flood closure, we have been fielding many emails and calls from regular customers eager to update their resumes and push their job search forward. While Central will be closed for another few weeks, help abounds in the downtown core. Although many of Calgary’s career and employment centres were affected by the floods, all have been working incredibly hard to maintain or restore services to job hunters.
Here is the latest update as of July 10th:
- Bow Valley College's Career Connection (150 – 615 Macleod Trail South) has now reopened, but without fax service
- Due to the recent floods, the City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre has set up a temporary location to assist Calgary’s youth ages 15 – 24 with their career and employment needs. Beginning on Wednesday, July 10th YEC will be open, and youth can drop in anytime Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 4:30 p.m. at the University of Calgary Downtown Campus, 4th Floor Room 416, 906 8th Avenue SW. Call (403) 268-2490 for updates
- Directions for Immigrants was affected by the flood and is therefore delivering temporary services out of Ford Tower (7th floor, 633 - 6th Avenue SW) and sharing space with the Francophone Connexion Carriere program. Call 403-355-1779 for updates
- The YWCA’s new Employment Resource Centre (320 5th Avenue SE) is now operational, helping women find and maintain meaningful employment
- The Alberta Works Centre (Century Park Place 5th Floor, 855-8 Avenue SW) is fully operational
- Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association (#200, 138 - 4th Avenue SE) is fully operational
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society (5th Floor, 1111 - 11 Avenue SW) is fully operational
We are eager to see our job searchers and networkers back at the Central Library as soon as possible, so keep your eyes on our website for updates on our ongoing career programs, weekly career tours, Career Coaching, and Strategic Networking.