No, not just the kind that tell you how to lose weight, please a man, and make supper. We’ve got magazines for women of all stripes and persuasions!
Check out our collections! Your Central Library has Curve, Ms., Canadian Women’s Studies, Bust, and more! We’ve got magazines for radical feminists, lesbians, mothers, and women who might happen to be all three. I was browsing the 3rd floor (Central) collection recently, and so many magazines caught my eye. Check out some of these headlines:
- 150 Most Desirable Queer Women
- Work Out with Amy Sedaris
- “Chick” Lit: 34 Books that Awaken Girls to their Feminism
- Women Rebuilding Afghanistan
- Hot Dame! Hanging out with Helen Mirren
Calgary Public Library subscribes to hundreds of magazines, and our collection reflects the huge variety of people who live in Calgary. Check out our e-library or your local branch today!