- 10.00-10.30 Finding the Facts-Historical Research for Writers
- 10.30-11.30 Ten Ways to Kill Your Writing
- 12.00-1.00 Publishing and Editing
- 1.00-2.00 Make it in Magazines
- 2.00-3.00 Mainlining the Language of Love
- 3.00-4.00 Sex Sells In Every Genre
For an exploration of the world of magazines we are ecstatic to welcome back local author Marcello Di Cintio. There really isn’t any better man for the illumination of this topic - he is a mainstay atop the list of finalists for National Magazine Awards, Western Magazine Awards, as well as the Wilfred Eggleston Award for Non-Fiction. His second book, Poets and Pahlevans: A Journey Into the Heart Of Iran, was a finalist for the W. O. Mitchell City of Calgary Book Prize. This man has dozens of publications in an incredibly diverse range of magazines, from his regular contributions to Swerve Magazine, Enroute, and Westworld, to his thought-provoking pieces for Geist and The Walrus, all the way to The Globe and Mail and even Cairo Times.
For more information, go to Marcello's website, 'Elsewhere'.
Read one of his most popular magazine pieces, “Fatherhood”, from the November 2010 issue of Alberta Views.
Marcello is also the author three books:
See you February 4th!