Encyclopedia articles, games, activities, science projects, maps and multimedia for children.
The World Book Kids site features content from the World Book Student Discovery Encyclopedia that is written for younger readers, English-language learners and reluctant readers. It contains thousands of colorful illustrations, diagrams, maps, as well as fun and inventive activities to engage children’s different learning styles. The site’s subject areas include people, plants and animals, places, history and government, science and mathematics, arts, world religions, and sports and hobbies.
Use this database to answer questions like
- Do you have a map of South America?
- Can you tell me how to make ice cream?
- What does the Olympic Games symbol mean?
- Can you find me a picture of a cactus?
- What are the seven wonders of the world?