Although this isen't typical writing I am going to write a recipe that I love to make!
Note: This recipe is orignally from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/light-and-fluffy-spinach-quiche/, but I used people's comments
and my own judgement to change some things around a little!
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Recipe calls for 8 ounces cheddar cheese. We typically estime and shred enough to layer a on the top and a bit in the middle.
- 10 ounces of spinach
- Approximately 1/4 cup of onion
- Garlic, Pepper, Musrooms to taste (depending on your preference!)
- Pre made pie crust or make your own (I find deep dish pie crusts work best!)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with foil
2. In a large bowl whisk the mayonnaise and milk together, and whisk in the eggs
after the other two are combined.
3. Layer all the other ingredients making at least a couple layers in the pie crust. Then pour the egg mixture into your layers of ingredients in the pie crust. The egg mixture will soak in, but be careful not to have it spill over since the egg mixture
will fill the whole pie up!
4. Place quiche on the cookie sheet and cover the pan with foil (in case any spills!) and the quiche itself (with foil). Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the cover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until your quiche is golden in colour and filling has
I love this recipe because the egg, cheese, and veggies pare so well together, plus it's a great way to eat spinach and tastes delicious!!